2017 Maryland Code
Title 8 - Landlord and Tenant
Subtitle 8 - Residential Ground Leases.
§ 8-810. Notice of transfer of ground lease.
- (a) Notice. -- Within 30 days after any transfer of a ground lease, the transferee shall notify the leasehold tenant of the transfer.
- (b) Contents. --
- (1) The notification shall include the name and address of the new ground lease holder and the date of the transfer.
- (2) If the property is subject to a redeemable ground rent, the notification shall also include the following notice:
- "As the owner of the property subject to this ground lease, you are entitled to redeem, or purchase, the ground lease from the ground lease holder and obtain absolute ownership of the property. The redemption amount is fixed by law but may also be negotiated with the ground lease holder for a different amount. For information on redeeming the ground lease, contact the ground lease holder."
- (c) Sending to last known address. -- A ground lease holder shall send notice under this section to the last known address of the leasehold tenant.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.