There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 3 - Recordation
Subtitle 6 - Recording and Other Costs
§ 3-601. Recording costs
Universal Citation: MD Real Prop Code § 3-601 (2017)
- (a) In general. --
- (1) In this subsection, "page" means one side of a leaf not larger than 8 1/2 inches wide by 14 inches long, or any portion of it.
- (2) Before recording an instrument among the land or financing records, a clerk shall collect:
- (i) $ 10 for a release 9 pages or less in length;
- (ii) $ 20 for any other instrument 9 pages or less in length;
- (iii) Except as provided in item (i) of this paragraph, $ 20 for an instrument, regardless of length, involving solely a principal residence; and
- (iv) $ 75 for any other instrument 10 pages or more in length.
- (3) The recording costs under this subsection shall also apply to instruments required to be recorded in the financing statement records of the State Department of Assessments and Taxation.
- (b) Refunds. --
- (1) A person who submits a written refund claim for recording fees, including any recording surcharge, that have been overpaid to the clerk of a circuit court, is eligible for a refund of the amount overpaid from the clerk that collected the fees.
- (2) A claim for a refund under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall be as required by regulations adopted by the State Court Administrator.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.