There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 14 - Miscellaneous Rules
Subtitle 3 - Commercial Real Estate Broker's Lien
§ 14-308. Enforcement
Universal Citation: MD Real Prop Code § 14-308 (2017)
- (a) Remedies. -- A broker's lien established under this subtitle may be enforced to the same extent as a judgment under the Maryland Rules, including a judicial sale of the lien property to satisfy the amount of the broker's lien.
- (b) Limitations period; enforcement proceeding; effect of petition. --
- (1) The right to enforce any broker's lien under this subtitle expires at the end of 1 year from the day on which the petition to establish the broker's lien was first filed.
- (2) During the 1-year period the claimant may file a petition in the broker's lien proceedings to enforce the lien or to execute on any bond given to obtain a release of the lien property from the broker's lien.
- (3) If a petition to enforce the lien is filed within the 1-year period, the right to a broker's lien or the broker's lien, or any bond given to obtain a release of the broker's lien, shall remain in full force and effect until the conclusion of the enforcement proceedings and after the conclusion of the enforcement proceedings in accordance with the decree entered in the case.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.