There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 10 - Sales of Property
Subtitle 5 - Custom Home Protection Act
§ 10-501. Definitions
Universal Citation: MD Real Prop Code § 10-501 (2017)
- (a) In general. -- In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (b) Buyer. -- "Buyer" means any person who seeks or enters into a contract for the construction of a custom home.
- (c) Custom home. -- "Custom home" means a single-family dwelling constructed for the buyer's residence on land currently or previously owned by the buyer.
- (d) Custom home builder. -- "Custom home builder" means any person who seeks, enters into, or performs custom home contracts.
- (e) Custom home contract. -- "Custom home contract" means any contract entered into with the buyer, with a value equal to or greater than $ 20,000, to furnish labor and material in connection with the construction, erection, or completion of a custom home. A custom home contract does not mean an agreement for work to be done by a licensed home improvement contractor and subject to the provisions of Maryland Home Improvement Law.
- (f) Deposit. -- "Deposit" means any sum paid to a custom home builder at the time of the execution of a custom home contract.
- (g) Draw schedule. -- "Draw schedule" means a form that sets forth with particularity the sum to which the custom home builder shall be entitled as progress payment on the custom home contract after certain specified items of work have been completed on the custom home.
- (h) Person. -- "Person" includes an individual, corporation, business trust, statutory trust, estate, partnership, association, 2 or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.