2017 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Firearms
Subtitle 4 - Handgun Roster
§ 5-404. Handgun Roster Board
- (a) Established. -- There is a Handgun Roster Board in the Department of State Police.
- (b) Membership; appointment. --
- (1) The Board consists of 11 members.
- (2) Of the 11 members of the Board:
- (i) one shall be the Secretary as an ex officio member;
- (ii) ten shall be appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate; and
- (iii) all shall be Maryland residents.
- (3) Of the ten appointed members of the Board:
- (i) one shall be a representative of the Association of Chiefs of Police;
- (ii) one shall be a representative of the Maryland State's Attorneys' Association;
- (iii) one shall be a handgun dealer, gunsmith, or representative of a handgun manufacturer;
- (iv) one shall be a resident of the State who is a representative of the National Rifle Association or its affiliated State association;
- (v) one shall be a representative of an organization that advocates against handgun violence; and
- (vi) five shall be public members, two of whom shall be mechanical or electrical engineers.
- (c) Tenure. -- The term of an appointed member is 4 years.
- (d) Chairman. -- The Secretary shall serve as chairman.
- (e) Meetings. -- The Board shall meet at the request of the chairman or of a majority of the members.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.