2017 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Firearms
Subtitle 2 - Rifles and Shotguns
§ 5-202. Scope of subtitle
- This subtitle does not apply to a short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun that is:
- (1) an antique firearm as defined in § 4-201 of the Criminal Law Article;
- (2) a device designed or redesigned for use other than as a weapon;
- (3) a device designed or redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line throwing, safety, or similar device; or
- (4) a firearm that cannot:
- (i) discharge a projectile by an explosive; and
- (ii) be readily restored to a firing condition.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.