2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 6A - Rehabilitation Practitioners
§ 9-6A-05. Advisory Committee on Registration of Rehabilitation Practitioners
- (a) In general. -- There is an Advisory Committee on the Registration of Rehabilitation Practitioners within the Commission.
- (b) Members. -- The Advisory Committee consists of seven members appointed by the Commission in accordance with this section.
- (c) Requirements. --
- (1) The Advisory Committee shall be comprised of registered rehabilitation practitioners, who are registered with the Commission under this subtitle.
- (2) The Commission shall appoint members of the Advisory Committee so that its membership reflects the geographic, racial, ethnic, and gender makeup of the population of the State.
- (d) Terms. -- The term of an Advisory Committee member is 3 years.
- (e) Continuity of service. -- In making appointments to the Advisory Committee, the Commission shall provide for continuity and rotation through a staggering of terms.
- (f) Quorum. -- A majority of the fully authorized Advisory Committee is a quorum.
- (g) Meetings. -- The Advisory Committee shall meet at the request of the Commission.
- (h) Duties. -- In addition to the duties set forth elsewhere in this title, the Advisory Committee shall:
- (1) review applications for registration submitted to the Commission whenever further clarification regarding the applicant is requested by the Commission; and
- (2) after review and evaluation, provide recommendations to the Commission chairman on the applicant.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.