2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 5 - Entitlement to and Liability for Compensation
§ 9-501. Accidental personal injury
- (a) In general. -- Except as otherwise provided, each employer of a covered employee shall provide compensation in accordance with this title to:
- (1) the covered employee for an accidental personal injury sustained by the covered employee; or
- (2) the dependents of the covered employee for death of the covered employee:
- (i) resulting from an accidental personal injury sustained by the covered employee; and
- (ii) occurring within 7 years after the date of the accidental personal injury.
- (b) Employer liable regardless of fault. -- An employer is liable to provide compensation in accordance with subsection (a) of this section, regardless of fault as to a cause of the accidental personal injury.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.