2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 2 - Covered Employees and Employers
§ 9-230. Vanpool operator or passenger
- (a) Definitions. --
- (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (2) "Ridesharing" has the meaning stated in § 11-150.1 of the Transportation Article.
- (3) "Vanpool operation" has the meaning stated in § 11-175.1(a) of the Transportation Article.
- (b) Scope of section. -- This section applies only with respect to a vanpool operation in which the vehicle:
- (1) is leased, operated, or owned by an employer for ridesharing;
- (2) operates between the residence and place of employment of the passengers; and
- (3) is insured in accordance with § 13-422 of the Transportation Article.
- (c) Operator. -- An individual is a covered employee while operating a vehicle in a vanpool operation as part of the duties of the individual for the employer.
- (d) Passenger. -- A passenger in a vanpool operation is not a covered employee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.