2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 2 - Covered Employees and Employers
§ 9-222. Real estate salesperson and associate real estate broker
- An individual is not a covered employee if the individual:
- (1) is a licensed real estate salesperson or a licensed associate real estate broker;
- (2) is affiliated with a licensed real estate broker under a written agreement;
- (3) is compensated solely on a commission basis; and
- (4) for federal tax purposes, qualifies as an independent contractor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.