2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 2 - Covered Employees and Employers
§ 9-220. Police
- (a) Auxiliary officers in Baltimore County and Howard County. --
- (1) Each auxiliary police officer for Baltimore County is a covered employee while on duty as defined in the Baltimore County Police Manual of Rules, Regulations, and Procedures.
- (2) Each auxiliary police officer for Howard County is a covered employee while on duty as defined in the Howard County Police Department's General Orders.
- (b) Volunteer departments. --
- (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, each member of a volunteer police department is a covered employee.
- (2) A member of a volunteer police department in Allegany, Carroll, Cecil, Charles, Garrett, Queen Anne's, St. Mary's, Somerset, Washington, or Worcester County is not a covered employee.
- (3) For the purposes of this title, the political subdivision of the State where the department is organized is the employer of the covered employee in the department.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.