2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 2 - Covered Employees and Employers
§ 9-215. Militia
- (a) "Organized militia" defined. -- In this section, "organized militia" includes members of the Maryland Defense Force described under § 13-203 of the Public Safety Article.
- (b) Covered employee. -- Each officer or enlisted member of the organized militia of the State is a covered employee in peace time, while the member is:
- (1) training as part of the Maryland State Guard; or
- (2) on active military duty in the organized militia under order of the Governor in time of:
- (i) civil disorder;
- (ii) labor disorder;
- (iii) natural disaster; or
- (iv) other events that require the support of the State Militia.
- (c) Employer. -- For the purposes of this title, the State is the employer of an individual who is a covered employee under this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.