2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 2 - Covered Employees and Employers
§ 9-208. Distributor or seller of newspapers
- (a) Covered employee. -- An individual is a covered employee if the individual regularly distributes or sells newspapers:
- (1) on the street; or
- (2) to customers at their homes or places of business.
- (b) Employer. -- For the purposes of this title, the employer of an individual who is a covered employee under this section is:
- (1) each independent news agency for which the covered employee sells newspapers; and
- (2) each publisher who engages the covered employee to distribute or sell its newspapers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.