2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 2 - Covered Employees and Employers
§ 9-204. Election to be subject to title
- (a) In general. --
- (1) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, with the approval of the Commission, an individual who otherwise would not be a covered employee and the employer of the individual may elect to make the individual a covered employee by filing a joint election with the Commission.
- (2) The right to make an election under this subsection for an individual may be exercised by:
- (i) an individual who is at least 16 years old; or
- (ii) a parent or guardian of an individual who is less than 16 years old.
- (b) Limitation. -- An individual who is not a covered employee due to § 9-223(c) of this subtitle and the employer of the individual may not make an election under this section if prohibited by federal law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.