2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 1 - Definitions; General Provisions
§ 9-105. Certificate of compliance
- (a) Issuance of license or permit. -- Before a governmental unit may issue a license or permit to an employer to engage in an activity in which the employer might employ a covered employee, the employer shall submit to the governmental unit:
- (1) a certificate of compliance with this title; or
- (2) the number of a workers' compensation insurance policy or binder.
- (b) Application forms. --
- (1) The Commission shall provide blank application forms to each governmental unit that issues a license or permit under State law for applicants for the license or permit to use to get a certificate of compliance.
- (2) The application form shall require information that will allow the Commission to determine whether the employer is in compliance with this title.
- (c) Application procedure. -- To get a certificate of compliance with this title, an employer shall submit to the Commission an application on the form that the Commission provides.
- (d) Determination. -- Within 10 days after the Commission receives an application form under this section, the Commission shall:
- (1) determine whether the applicant is in compliance with this title; and
- (2) mail to the applicant:
- (i) a certificate of compliance; or
- (ii) a notice of rejection, which shall include a statement of the reasons for the rejection.
- (e) Reapplication or appeal. -- An applicant who receives a notice of rejection may:
- (1) reapply for a certificate of compliance; or
- (2) appeal the rejection in accordance with §§ 10-222 and 10-223 of the State Government Article.
- (f) Regulations. -- The Commission shall adopt reasonable regulations to administer this section.
- (g) Appropriations. -- Money for the administration of this section shall be included in the annual State budget.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.