2017 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 5 - Death
Subtitle 6 - Health Care Decisions Act
Part II - Advance Directive Program
§ 5-626. Advance Directive Program Fund.
- (a) "Fund" defined. -- In this section, "Fund" means the Advance Directive Program Fund.
- (b) Fund established. -- There is an Advance Directive Program Fund.
- (c) Purpose. -- The purpose of the Fund is to provide funding to carry out the purposes of the Advance Directive Program established under § 5-620 of this subtitle.
- (d) Administration. -- The Department shall administer the Fund.
- (e) Status; accounting. --
- (1) The Fund is a special, nonlapsing fund that is not subject to § 7-302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
- (2) The State Treasurer shall hold the Fund separately, and the Comptroller shall account for the Fund.
- (f) Composition. -- The Fund consists of:
- (1) Money transferred to the Fund under § 6-103.1 of the Insurance Article;
- (2) Interest earned under subsection (h) of this section; and
- (3) Any other money received from any other lawful source accepted for the benefit of the Fund.
- (g) Use of Fund. -- Money in the Fund may be used only to carry out the purposes of the Advance Directive Program established under § 5-620 of this subtitle.
- (h) Investments. --
- (1) The State Treasurer shall invest the money of the Fund in the same manner as other State money may be invested.
- (2) Any interest earnings of the Fund shall be credited to the Fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.