2017 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 5 - Death
Subtitle 6 - Health Care Decisions Act
Part II - Advance Directive Program
§ 5-622. Electronic advance directives service.
- (a) In general. --
- (1) To facilitate the use of cloud-based technology for electronic advance directives, the Department shall issue a request for proposals from and contract with an electronic advance directives service or multiple electronic advance directives services to connect with health care providers at the point of care through the State-designated health information exchange.
- (2) An electronic advance directives service shall:
- (i) Be approved by the Maryland Health Care Commission;
- (ii) Meet the technology, security, and privacy standards set by the Maryland Health Care Commission; and
- (iii) Use the guidelines described in § 5-602(c)(3) of this subtitle to authenticate a declarant's identity for an electronic advance directive that is not witnessed.
- (3) The Maryland Health Care Commission may approve only advance directives services that use the guidelines described in § 5-602(c)(3) of this subtitle to authenticate a declarant's identity for an electronic advance directive that is not witnessed.
- (b) Public outreach. -- The Department shall carry out appropriate educational and outreach efforts to increase public awareness of an electronic advance directives service recognized by the Maryland Health Care Commission.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.