2017 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 5 - Death
Subtitle 5 - Miscellaneous Provisions
§ 5-514. Burial or disposal of body.
- (a) In general. -- An individual may not bury or dispose of a body except:
- (1) In a family burial plot or other area allowed by a local ordinance;
- (2) In a crematory;
- (3) In a cemetery;
- (4) By donating the body to medical science; or
- (5) By removing the body to another state for final disposition in accordance with the laws of the other state.
- (b) Violations; penalty. -- An individual who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $ 5,000 or both.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.