2017 Maryland Code
Title 11 - Alimony
§ 11-101. Award -- In general
- (a) Where available. -- The court may award alimony:
- (1) on a bill of complaint for alimony; or
- (2) as a part of a decree that grants:
- (i) an annulment;
- (ii) a limited divorce; or
- (iii) an absolute divorce.
- (b) Award to either party. -- The court may award alimony to either party.
- (c) Effect of agreement. -- If a final disposition as to alimony has been made in an agreement between the parties, the court is bound by that agreement as the agreement relates to alimony.
- (d) Spouse a resident in related institution. -- Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (a), (b), and (c) of this section, the court may not award alimony on a bill of complaint for alimony to the spouse of a resident in a related institution as defined in § 19-301 of the Health - General Article, if the petitioner attempts to satisfy the separation grounds for divorce under §§ 7-102 and 7-103 of this article based on the spouse's residence in the related institution.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.