2017 Maryland Code
Estates and Trusts
Title 17 - Maryland General and Limited Power of Attorney Act
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
§ 17-110. Requirements.
- (a) In general. -- A power of attorney executed on or after October 1, 2010, shall be:
- (1) In writing;
- (2) Signed by the principal or by some other person for the principal, in the presence of the principal, and at the express direction of the principal;
- (3) Acknowledged by the principal before a notary public; and
- (4) Attested and signed by two or more adult witnesses who sign in the presence of the principal and in the presence of each other.
- (b) Notary public as adult witness. -- The notary public before whom the principal acknowledges the power of attorney may also serve as one of the two or more adult witnesses.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.