2017 Maryland Code
Title 6 - Toxic, Carcinogenic, and Flammable Substances
Subtitle 15 - Lead in Drinking Water.
§ 6-1501. Definitions.
- (a) In general. -- In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (b) Drinking water outlet. --
- (1) "Drinking water outlet" means a potable water fixture that is used for drinking or food preparation.
- (2) "Drinking water outlet" includes:
- (i) A water fountain, faucet, or tap that is used or potentially used for drinking or food preparation; and
- (ii) Ice-making and hot drink machines.
- (c) Elevated level of lead. -- "Elevated level of lead" means a lead concentration in drinking water that exceeds the standard recommended by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in technical guidance.
- (d) Public water system. -- "Public water system" has the meaning stated in § 9-401 of this article.
- (e) Technical guidance. --
- (1) "Technical guidance" means the most recent technical guidance issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for reducing lead in drinking water in schools.
- (2) "Technical guidance" includes:
- (i) 3Ts for Reducing Lead in Drinking Water in Schools (2006); and
- (ii) Any subsequent technical guidance issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for reducing lead in drinking water in schools.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.