There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Water Resources
Subtitle 5 - Appropriation or Use of Waters, Reservoirs, and Dams
§ 5-515. Order or notice on receipt of complaint.
Universal Citation: MD Env Code § 5-515 (2017)
- (a) In general. -- After or concurrently with the service of a complaint under this subtitle relating to water appropriation and use, the Department may:
- (1) Issue an order that requires the person to whom the order is directed to take corrective action within a time set in the order;
- (2) Send a written notice that requires the person to whom the notice is directed to file a written report about the alleged violation; or
- (3) Send a written notice that requires the person to whom the notice is directed:
- (i) To appear at a hearing before the Department at a time and place the Department sets to answer the charges in the complaint; or
- (ii) To file a written report and also to appear at a hearing before the Department at a time and place the Department sets to answer the charges in the complaint.
- (b) Effectiveness. -- Any order issued under this section is effective immediately, according to its terms, when it is served.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.