There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 13 - Well Drillers
Subtitle 2 - State Board of Well Drillers
§ 13-206. Miscellaneous powers and duties
Universal Citation: MD Env Code § 13-206 (2017)
- (a) Adoption of regulations. -- In addition to the powers set forth elsewhere in this title, the Board may adopt regulations to carry out the provisions of this title.
- (b) Duties. -- In addition to the duties set forth elsewhere in this title, the Board shall:
- (1) Carry out the provisions of this title;
- (2) Review and comment on proposed regulations that relate to well system equipment and the construction of wells that are submitted to it before adoption by the Secretary;
- (3) Collect and account for any funds received under this title;
- (4) Keep a record of:
- (i) Each license that it issues; and
- (ii) Each action it takes under § 13-310 of this title;
- (5) Require any person who practices well drilling to be covered in accordance with its regulations by a reasonable performance bond and reasonable contractor's liability insurance; and
- (6) Have an official seal.
- (c) Investigation of drilling without license. -- On complaint or on its own motion, the Board may investigate allegations of practicing well drilling without a license.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.