There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 13 - Well Drillers
Subtitle 2 - State Board of Well Drillers
§ 13-202. Membership
Universal Citation: MD Env Code § 13-202 (2017)
- (a) Composition; appointment of members. --
- (1) The Board consists of seven members appointed by the Governor with the advice of the Secretary and the advice and consent of the Senate.
- (2) Of the seven Board members:
- (i) One shall be from the Department of the Environment;
- (ii) One shall be from the Department of Natural Resources;
- (iii) One shall be a public member; and
- (iv) Four shall be licensed master well drillers who are actively practicing well drilling at the time of appointment and shall include:
- 1. One from Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, or Worcester county;
- 2. One from Baltimore City or Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, Howard, or Montgomery county;
- 3. One from Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Prince George's, or St. Mary's county; and
- 4. One from Allegany, Frederick, Garrett, or Washington county.
- (b) Oath. -- Before taking office, each appointee to the Board shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
- (c) Tenure; vacancies. --
- (1) The term of a member is 2 years.
- (2) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
- (3) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
- (d) Removal. -- The Governor may remove a member for incompetence or misconduct.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.