There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 12 - Waterworks and Waste Systems Operators
Subtitle 2 - State Board of Waterworks and Waste Systems Operators
§ 12-202. Membership
Universal Citation: MD Env Code § 12-202 (2017)
- (a) Composition; appointment of members. --
- (1) The Board consists of 11 members.
- (2) With the advice and consent of the Senate, the Governor shall appoint 8 members who represent one or more of the following:
- (i) Municipal government;
- (ii) County government;
- (iii) A sanitary or a metropolitan commission;
- (iv) Waterworks supervision;
- (v) Wastewater works or industrial wastewater works supervision;
- (vi) Agriculture;
- (vii) Industrial wastewater works superintendents; and
- (viii) The Maryland Environmental Service.
- (3) The Secretary shall appoint:
- (i) 1 engineer member from the Department; and
- (ii) 2 public members who represent the community at large.
- (b) Oath. -- Before taking office, each appointee to the Board shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
- (c) Tenure of members appointed by Governor; vacancies. --
- (1) The term of a member appointed by the Governor is 4 years.
- (2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board on July 1, 1981. The terms of those members end as follows:
- (i) Three in 1982;
- (ii) One in 1983;
- (iii) One in 1984; and
- (iv) Two in 1985.
- (3) At the end of a term, a member appointed by the Governor continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
- (4) A member who is appointed by the Governor after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
- (d) Tenure of members appointed by the Secretary. -- The members appointed by the Secretary serve at the pleasure of the Secretary.
- (e) Removal of members appointed by Governor. -- The Governor may remove for incompetence or misconduct a member appointed by the Governor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.