There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 1 - Definitions; General Provisions; Enforcement
Subtitle 8 - Maryland Uniform Environmental Covenants Act
§ 1-801. Definitions
Universal Citation: MD Env Code § 1-801 (2017)
- (a) In general. -- In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (b) Activity and use limitation. -- "Activity and use limitation" means a restriction or obligation created under this subtitle with respect to real property.
- (c) Agency. -- "Agency" means the Department or any other state or federal agency that determines or approves the environmental response project pursuant to which an environmental covenant is created.
- (d) Common interest community. -- "Common interest community" means a condominium, cooperative, or other real property with respect to which a person, by virtue of the person's ownership of a parcel of real property, is obligated to pay property taxes or insurance premiums, or for maintenance, or improvement of other real property described in a recorded covenant that creates the common interest community.
- (e) Environmental covenant. -- "Environmental covenant" means a servitude arising under an environmental response project that imposes activity and use limitations.
- (f) Environmental response project. -- "Environmental response project" means a plan or work performed for environmental remediation of real property that is conducted:
- (1) Under a federal or state program governing environmental remediation of real property, including Title 7, Subtitle 5 of this article; or
- (2) Incident to closure of a solid or hazardous waste management unit, if the closure is conducted with approval of an agency.
- (g) Holder. -- "Holder" means the grantee of an environmental covenant.
- (h) Person. -- "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, statutory trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
- (i) Record. -- "Record", when used as a noun, means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
- (j) State. -- "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.