2017 Maryland Code
Title 10 - Polling Places
Subtitle 3 - Polling Place Procedures
§ 10-315. Time off for employees to vote
- (a) In general. -- Every employer in the State shall permit any employee who claims to be a registered voter in the State a period not to exceed 2 hours absence from work on election day in order to cast a ballot if the employee does not have 2 hours of continuous off-duty during the time that the polls are open.
- (b) Paid leave. -- The employer shall pay the employee for the 2 hours absence from work.
- (c) Proof of voting required. --
- (1) Each employee shall furnish to the employer proof that the employee has voted or attempted to vote.
- (2) The proof that an employee has voted or attempted to vote shall be on a form prescribed by the State Board.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.