There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 9 - Maryland Public Charter School Program
§ 9-110. Public charter school policy
Universal Citation: MD Educ Code § 9-110 (2017)
- (a) In general. --
- (1) Each county board shall develop a public charter school policy and provide it to the State Board.
- (2) The policy required under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall include guidelines and procedures regarding:
- (i) Evaluation of public charter schools;
- (ii) Revocation of a charter;
- (iii) Reporting requirements; and
- (iv) Financial, programmatic, or compliance audits of public charter schools.
- (3) The policy required under paragraph (1) of this subsection, including any updates or amendments made to the policy, shall be provided to the Department and made available on request and posted on the Web site of the county board.
- (b) Contact person. --
- (1) The Department shall designate a staff person to function as a contact person for the Maryland Public Charter School Program.
- (2) The staff person designated as a contact person under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall:
- (i) Provide technical assistance to the operator of a public charter school to help the school meet the requirements of federal and State laws, including 20 U.S.C. § 1400, et seq. and § 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794; and
- (ii) Gather information from public charter schools in the State regarding innovative approaches to education and best practices taking place at public charter schools that may be shared with and disseminated to other public schools in the State.
- (c) Report. -- The Department shall report annually by December 1 to the General Assembly in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article regarding:
- (1) Any updates or amendments made to a public charter school policy under subsection (a) of this section; and
- (2) Implementation of this title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.