There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 9 - Maryland Public Charter School Program
§ 9-108. Rights of employees of a public charter school
Universal Citation: MD Educ Code § 9-108 (2017)
- (a) In general. -- Employees of a public charter school:
- (1) Are public school employees, as defined in §§ 6-401(e) and 6-501(g) of this article;
- (2) Are employees of a public school employer, as defined in §§ 6-401(f) and 6-501(h) of this article, in the county in which the public charter school is located; and
- (3) Shall have the rights granted under Title 6, Subtitles 4 and 5 of this article.
- (b) Collective bargaining agreement. -- If a collective bargaining agreement under Title 6, Subtitle 4 or Subtitle 5 of this article is already in existence in the county where a public charter school is located, the employee organization, public school employer, and the public charter school may mutually agree to negotiate amendments to the existing agreement to address the needs of the particular public charter school, including amendments to work days, work hours, school year, procedures for transfers that are consistent with the instructional mission of the school, and extra duty assignments.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.