There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 9 - Maryland Public Charter School Program
§ 9-102.1. Waiver from § 9-102(3)
Universal Citation: MD Educ Code § 9-102.1 (2017)
- (a) Grounds. -- The State Board may grant a waiver from § 9-102(3) of this title to a public charter school if the public charter school:
- (1) Is located on property within a federal military base in the State; and
- (2) Will admit students with parents who are not assigned to the base to at least 35% of its total available space as part of the initial cohort of students in a grade.
- (b) Admission of students on lottery basis; maintenance of ratio of students. -- If a public charter school is granted a waiver under subsection (a) of this section, subject to the requirement set forth in subsection (a)(2) of this section, the public charter school shall:
- (1) Admit all students on a lottery basis in accordance with § 9-102.2 of this title; and
- (2) Take reasonable steps to maintain the 35% to 65% ratio intended as part of the initial cohort of students in a grade.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.