2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 9 - Technology for Education
§ 7-903. Purpose
- It is the purpose of this subtitle:
- (1) To offer incentives and opportunities for creative public and private partnerships within the marketplace to develop state-of-the-art educational technology products and services that promote the use of advanced technologies in the classroom;
- (2) To avoid duplication and the development of incompatible systems by strengthening and building upon existing telecommunications infrastructure dedicated to educational purposes;
- (3) To provide Maryland public school students with equal opportunities to develop a strong academic foundation;
- (4) To facilitate expanded educational choices not otherwise available to Maryland public school students through on-line courses and services; and
- (5) To expand professional development opportunities available to educational staff in Maryland public schools through on-line courses and services.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.