2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 4 - Health and Safety of Students
§ 7-439. Awareness and prevention of sexual abuse and assault program
- (a) "Nonpublic school" defined. -- In this section, "nonpublic school" means a noncollegiate educational institution that:
- (1) Holds a certificate of approval from the State Board under § 2-206(e) of this article; and
- (2) Participates in the Nonpublic Schools Textbook and Technology Grants Program.
- (b) Development and implementation. --
- (1) The State Board and each nonpublic school in the State shall develop and implement a program of age-appropriate education on the awareness and prevention of sexual abuse and assault.
- (2) The program required under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall be:
- (i) Taught by a teacher who is trained to provide instruction on the awareness and prevention of sexual abuse and assault; and
- (ii) Incorporated into the health curriculum of each county board and each nonpublic school.
- (c) Regulations. -- The State Board shall adopt regulations to carry out the provisions of this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.