2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 4 - Health and Safety of Students
§ 7-430. Cultural Competency Model Training Curriculum
- (a) Development. -- The Maryland Police Training Commission, in consultation with the Department, shall develop a cultural competency model training curriculum for law enforcement officers assigned to public schools.
- (b) Contents. --
- (1) The cultural competency model training curriculum shall teach behaviors, attitudes, and policies that enable law enforcement officers to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with the individuals, organizations, and institutions in the community in which the public school to which a law enforcement officer is assigned is located.
- (2) The cultural competency model training curriculum shall include:
- (i) Personal exposure to the individuals, organizations, and institutions within the assigned community; and
- (ii) Knowledge of government and community services available to help prevent juvenile arrests.
- (c) Officer assigned to patrol school. -- A law enforcement officer who is assigned to patrol a school building or school grounds is encouraged to complete the cultural competency model training curriculum established under subsection (b) of this section before the law enforcement officer begins an assignment in a public school.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.