2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 11 - Student Behavior Intervention
§ 7-1102.1. Reports and guidance [Section subject to redesignation effective June 30, 2019].
- Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, on or before December 1 each year:
- (1) Each public agency and nonpublic school shall submit to the Department a report for the prior school year on the number of physical restraint and seclusion incidents, disaggregated by the student's jurisdiction, disability, race, gender, age, and type of placement.
- (2) Each public agency and nonpublic school shall submit to the Department a report for the prior school year on the professional development provided to designated school personnel related to positive behavioral interventions, strategies, and supports and trauma-informed interventions.
- (3) Each public agency and nonpublic school shall:
- (i) Personally observe and review seclusion rooms;
- (ii) Review training plans for the use of seclusion; and
- (iii) Report to the Department regarding findings made under items (i) and (ii) of this paragraph.
- (4) The Department shall:
- (i) Provide guidance to public agencies and nonpublic schools regarding the requirements of the use of seclusion and rooms for seclusion; and
- (ii) Report to the General Assembly, in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, regarding findings and recommendations reported to the Department under this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.