There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 5 - Financing
Subtitle 1 - Budget and Reporting Requirements
§ 5-115. Montgomery County Public Schools Funding Accountability and Transparency Act
Universal Citation: MD Educ Code § 5-115 (2017)
- (a) Definitions. --
- (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (i) "Payee" means any party who receives from the Montgomery County Board of Education an aggregate payment of $ 25,000 in a fiscal year.
- (ii) "Payee" does not include:
- 1. A Montgomery County public school employee with respect to the employee's compensation; or
- 2. A Montgomery County public school retiree with respect to the retiree's retirement allowance.
- (3) "Searchable Web site" means a Web site created in accordance with this section that displays and searches payment data of the Montgomery County Board of Education.
- (b) Searchable Web site. -- On or before January 1, 2011, the Montgomery County Board of Education shall develop and operate a single searchable Web site accessible to the public at no cost through the Internet.
- (c) Searchable Web site -- Payment data. -- The searchable Web site shall contain Montgomery County Board of Education payment data including:
- (1) The name of a payee receiving a payment;
- (2) The location of a payee by postal zip code; and
- (3) The amount of a payment.
- (d) Searchable Web site -- Searches by user. -- The searchable Web site shall allow the user to:
- (1) Search data for fiscal year 2010 and each year thereafter; and
- (2) Search by the following data fields:
- (i) A payee receiving a payment; and
- (ii) The zip code of a payee receiving a payment.
- (e) Construction. -- This section may not be construed to require the disclosure of information that is confidential under federal, State, or local law.
- (f) Short title. -- This section shall be known and may be cited as the "Montgomery County Public Schools Funding Accountability and Transparency Act".
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.