There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 5 - Financing
Subtitle 1 - Budget and Reporting Requirements
§ 5-107. Appropriations and expenditures for capital projects
Universal Citation: MD Educ Code § 5-107 (2017)
- (a) Appropriations of less than amount requested. -- If the county commissioners or county council does not appropriate the amount requested by the county board for capital projects, it shall indicate in writing which projects have been reduced, deferred, or eliminated and the reason for the reduction, deferral, or elimination.
- (b) Expenditure for school building construction. --
- (1) The expenditure for school building construction shall be made in accordance with the cost approved by the county commissioners or county council for each project.
- (2) A transfer between major categories or of unexpended project balances is subject to the approval of the county commissioners or county council.
- (3) If the county commissioners or county council does not take action on a transfer within 30 days after the receipt of a written request substantiating the transfer, the failure to take action constitutes approval.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.