2017 Maryland Code
Title 7 - Theft and Related Crimes
Subtitle 2 - Unlawful Use of Goods
§ 7-204. Theft or duplication of State-owned keys
- (a) Prohibited. -- A person may not use, distribute, manufacture, duplicate, or possess keys capable of being used in locks in or on real property that the State owns or leases unless the use, distribution, manufacture, duplication, or possession is in accordance with the regulations adopted under subsection (c) of this section.
- (b) Penalty. -- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 500 for each violation.
- (c) Regulation of use and distribution of State-owned keys. --
- (1) The Department of General Services shall adopt regulations to govern the use, distribution, manufacture, duplication, and possession of keys capable of being used in locks in or on real property that the State owns or leases.
- (2) Each key subject to the regulations adopted under this subsection shall be clearly identified by:
- (i) the words "do not duplicate" or "unlawful to duplicate"; and
- (ii) a symbol indicating State ownership.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.