There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Controlled Dangerous Substances, Prescriptions, and Other Substances
Subtitle 8 - Criminal Procedure
§ 5-803. Payment for information about violations
Universal Citation: MD Crim Law Code § 5-803 (2017)
- (a) Payments by State Police. --
- (1) The Secretary of State Police may pay a person the sum of money that the Secretary considers appropriate for information about a violation of this title.
- (2) The money shall:
- (i) be paid without reference to any reward to which the person may otherwise be entitled by law; and
- (ii) be from funds appropriated for the Department of State Police, Intelligence Division.
- (b) Reimbursement for moneys expended. -- Money that is expended from appropriations of the Department of State Police, Intelligence Division, for purchase of controlled dangerous substances and that is subsequently recovered shall be reimbursed to the current appropriation for that Department.
- (c) Advance money for enforcement. -- The Secretary of State Police may advance money to enforce this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.