2017 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Controlled Dangerous Substances, Prescriptions, and Other Substances
Subtitle 6 - Crimes Involving Controlled Dangerous Substances and Paraphernalia
Part I - Primary Crimes
§ 5-608.1. Penalties -- Distribution of fentanyl and fentanyl mixtures.
- (a) Violation of § 5-602. -- A person may not knowingly violate § 5-602 of this subtitle with:
- (1) a mixture that contains heroin and a detectable amount of fentanyl or any analogue of fentanyl; or
- (2) fentanyl or any analogue of fentanyl.
- (b) Penalty. -- A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and, in addition to any other penalty imposed for a violation of § 5-602 of this subtitle, on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years.
- (c) Consecutive sentencing. -- A sentence imposed under this section shall be consecutive to and not concurrent with any other sentence imposed under any other provision of law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.