2017 Maryland Code
Title 3 - Other Crimes Against the Person
Subtitle 2 - Assault, Reckless Endangerment, and Related Crimes
§ 3-205. Prison employee -- Contact with bodily fluid
- (a) Prohibited. -- An inmate may not maliciously cause or attempt to cause an employee of a State correctional facility, a local correctional facility, or a sheriff's office, regardless of employment capacity, to come into contact with:
- (1) seminal fluid, urine, or feces; or
- (2) blood, if the contact with the blood is not the result of physical injury resulting from physical body contact between the inmate and the employee.
- (b) Penalty. -- An inmate who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $ 2,500 or both.
- (c) Consecutive sentence. -- A sentence imposed under this section shall be consecutive to any sentence that the inmate was serving at the time of the crime or that had been imposed but was not yet being served at the time of sentencing.
- (d) Suspension of sentence prohibited. -- A sentence imposed under this section may not be suspended.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.