2017 Maryland Code
Title 10 - Crimes Against Public Health, Conduct, and Sensibilities
Subtitle 6 - Crimes Relating to Animals
§ 10-622. Injuring or trapping carrier pigeon
- (a) Killing or maiming. -- A person may not shoot, kill, or maim a carrier pigeon.
- (b) Trapping or detaining. -- A person may not entrap, catch, or detain a carrier pigeon that has:
- (1) the owner's name stamped on the carrier pigeon's wing or tail; or
- (2) a leg band that includes the owner's initials, name, or number.
- (c) Penalty. -- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 10 for each violation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.