2017 Maryland Code
Title 10 - Crimes Against Public Health, Conduct, and Sensibilities
Subtitle 6 - Crimes Relating to Animals
§ 10-614. Transfer or coloring of chick
- (a) "Chick" defined. -- In this section, "chick" means a chicken, duckling, or other fowl under the age of 3 weeks.
- (b) Exception. -- This section does not prohibit the sale or display of a chick in proper facilities by a breeder or store engaged in the business of selling chicks for commercial breeding and raising.
- (c) Prohibited. -- A person may not:
- (1) sell, offer for sale, barter, or give away a chick as a pet, toy, premium, or novelty; or
- (2) color, dye, stain, or otherwise change the natural color of a chick.
- (d) Penalty. -- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 25.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.