2017 Maryland Code
Corporations and Associations
Title 4A - Limited Liability Company Act
Subtitle 10 - Foreign Limited Liability Companies
§ 4A-1002. Registration
- (a) Requirement. -- Before doing any interstate, intrastate, or foreign business in this State, a foreign limited liability company shall register with the Department.
- (b) Application; contents. -- In order to register, a foreign limited liability company shall submit to the Department an application for registration as a foreign limited liability company executed by an authorized person and setting forth:
- (1) The name of the foreign limited liability company and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and do business in this State;
- (2) The state under whose laws it was formed and the date of its formation;
- (3) The general character of the business it proposes to transact in this State;
- (4) The name and address of its resident agent in this State;
- (5) A statement that the Department is appointed as the resident agent of the foreign limited liability company if no resident agent has been appointed under item (4) of this subsection or, if appointed, the resident agent's authority has been revoked or if the agent cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence;
- (6) The address of the office required to be maintained in the state of its organization by the laws of that state or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited liability company; and
- (7) Proof acceptable to the Department of good standing in the jurisdiction where it currently is organized.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.