2017 Maryland Code
Title 4 - Bank Deposits and Collections
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions and Definitions
§ 4-105. "Bank"; "depositary bank"; "payor bank"; "intermediary bank"; "collecting bank"; "presenting bank"
- In this title:
- (1) "Bank" means a person engaged in the business of banking, including a savings bank, savings and loan association, credit union, or trust company;
- (2) "Depositary bank" means the first bank to take an item even though it is also the payor bank unless the item is presented for immediate payment over the counter;
- (3) "Payor bank" means a bank that is the drawee of a draft;
- (4) "Intermediary bank" means a bank to which an item is transferred in course of collection except the depositary or payor bank;
- (5) "Collecting bank" means a bank handling an item for collection except the payor bank; and
- (6) "Presenting bank" means a bank presenting an item except a payor bank.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.