2016 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 19 - Health Care Facilities
Subtitle 3 - Hospitals and Related Institutions
Part VIII - Intermediate Sanction
§ 19-365. Release of escrowed funds
(a) Escrow agent. -- Escrowed funds may be released by the escrow agent:
(1) If the related institution can present specific bills (vouchers) for correcting the hazardous condition which have been certified by the Secretary as appropriate; and
(2) In the absence of bills or vouchers, the related institution has received written approval from the Secretary that the expenditure is appropriate for correcting the hazardous condition.
(b) When escrow terminated and balance returned. -- The escrow is terminated and the balance, if any, in the account is returned to the related institution when:
(1) The Secretary certifies that the hazardous condition is corrected;
(2) After the time period set by the Secretary, the Secretary certifies that adequate progress has been made toward correcting the hazardous condition; or
(3) The related institution changes ownership.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.