2016 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 19 - Health Care Facilities
Subtitle 3 - Hospitals and Related Institutions
Part IV - Denials; Admissions Restrictions; Revocations
§ 19-327. Denials and revocations by Secretary
(a) Authority of Secretary. --
(1) The Secretary shall deny a license to any applicant or revoke a license if the applicant or licensee has been convicted of a felony that relates to Medicaid or to a nursing home.
(2) The Secretary may deny a license to an applicant or revoke a license if the applicant or licensee does not meet the requirements of this subtitle or any rule or regulation that the Secretary adopts under this subtitle.
(b) Violation of Title 6.5, State Government. -- The Secretary may deny a license to an applicant or revoke a license if the applicant or licensee violates Title 6.5 of the State Government Article.
(c) Hearings. --
(1) Before any action is taken under this section, the Secretary shall give the applicant or licensee an opportunity for a hearing.
(2) The hearing notice to be given to the applicant or licensee shall be sent at least 10 days before the hearing.
(3) The applicant or licensee is entitled to be represented by counsel at the hearing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.