2016 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Children
Subtitle 7 - Child Abuse and Neglect
§ 5-704.1. Reporting of children living with or in regular presence of registered child sex offender
(a) In general. -- An individual may notify the local department or the appropriate law enforcement agency if the individual has reason to believe that a parent, guardian, or caregiver of a child allows the child to reside with or be in the regular presence of an individual, other than the child's parent or guardian, who:
(1) is registered under Title 11, Subtitle 7 of the Criminal Procedure Article based on the commission of an offense against a child; and
(2) based on additional information, poses a substantial risk of sexual abuse to the child.
(b) Form of report. --
(1) A report under subsection (a) of this section may be oral or in writing.
(2) If acting as a staff member of a hospital, public health agency, child care institution, juvenile detention center, school, or similar institution, an individual who notifies the appropriate authorities under subsection (a) of this section immediately shall notify and give all of the information required by this section to the head of the institution or the designee of the head of the institution.
(c) Contents of report. -- To the extent reasonably possible, an individual who makes a report under this section shall include in the report the following information:
(1) the name, age, and home address of the child;
(2) the name and home address of the child's parent or other person who is responsible for the child's care;
(3) the whereabouts of the child;
(4) the nature and extent of the substantial risk of sexual abuse of the child, including any evidence or information available to the reporter concerning possible previous instances of sexual abuse; and
(5) any other information that would help to determine:
(i) the cause of the substantial risk of sexual abuse; and
(ii) the identity of any individual responsible for the substantial risk of sexual abuse.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.