2016 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Children
Subtitle 7 - Child Abuse and Neglect
§ 5-702. Legislative policy
The purpose of this subtitle is to protect children who have been the subject of abuse or neglect by:
(1) mandating the reporting of any suspected abuse or neglect;
(2) giving immunity to any individual who reports, in good faith, a suspected incident of abuse or neglect;
(3) requiring prompt investigation of each reported suspected incident of abuse or neglect;
(4) causing immediate, cooperative efforts by the responsible agencies on behalf of children who have been the subject of reports of abuse or neglect; and
(5) requiring each local department to give the appropriate service in the best interest of the abused or neglected child.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.