2016 Maryland Code
Title 13 - Campaign Finance
Subtitle 2 - Campaign Finance Organization and Activity
Part II - Organization
§ 13-207. Political committees -- In general
(a) Applicability. -- This section applies to a political committee other than a political club.
(b) Prerequisite to activity. -- A political committee may not receive or disburse money or any other thing of value unless the political committee is established in accordance with the requirements of this section.
(c) Establishment. -- To establish a political committee:
(1) a chairman and a treasurer shall be appointed on a form that the State Board prescribes and that is signed by the chairman and treasurer and includes:
(i) the residence addresses of the chairman and the treasurer;
(ii) if the chairman and treasurer affirmatively consent to receiving notice under this title only by electronic mail, the electronic mail address of the chairman and the treasurer; and
(iii) the information required by § 13-208 of this subtitle; and
(2) the form shall be filed with the State Board.
(3) The chairman or treasurer of a political committee shall notify the State Board of a change in the residence address of the chairman or treasurer no later than 21 days before the day on which the political committee's next campaign finance report is due under § 13-309 of this title.
(4) The chairman or treasurer of a political committee shall notify the State Board of a change in the electronic mail address of the chairman or treasurer by the date specified in paragraph (3) of this subsection if the chairman and treasurer of the political committee have affirmatively consented to receiving notice under this title only by electronic mail.
(d) Vacancy. --
(1) A chairman or treasurer of a political committee may resign by completing a resignation form that the State Board prescribes and filing the form with the State Board.
(2) If a vacancy occurs in the office of chairman or the office of treasurer, the political committee promptly shall appoint a new chairman or treasurer in accordance with this section.
(3) A political committee may not receive or disburse money or any other thing of value if there is a vacancy in the office of chairman or the office of treasurer.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.