2016 Maryland Code
Title 4 - Weapon Crimes
Subtitle 4 - Uniform Machine Gun Act
§ 4-403. Registration of machine gun
(a) Manufacturer registration. --
(1) A manufacturer of a machine gun shall keep a register of each machine gun manufactured or handled by the manufacturer.
(2) The register shall contain:
(i) the method of manufacture and serial number of the machine gun;
(ii) the date of manufacture, sale, loan, gift, delivery, and receipt of the machine gun from the manufacturer; and
(iii) the name, address, and occupation of the person to whom the machine gun was sold, loaned, given or delivered, or from whom the machine gun was received, and the purpose for which the machine gun was acquired.
(3) A person who violates this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 100.
(b) Inspection of manufacturer stock. --
(1) On demand, a manufacturer of a machine gun shall allow a marshal, sheriff, or police officer to inspect the manufacturer's entire stock of machine guns, parts, and supplies and the register required under subsection (a) of this section.
(2) A person who violates paragraph (1) of this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 100.
(c) Registration of possession. --
(1) A person who acquires a machine gun shall register the machine gun with the Secretary of State Police:
(i) within 24 hours after acquiring the machine gun; and
(ii) in each succeeding year during the month of May.
(2) The Secretary of State Police shall prepare and, on request of an applicant, furnish an application form for registration under this subsection.
(3) An application for registration shall contain:
(i) the make, model, serial number, caliber, type, barrel length, finish, and country of origin of the machine gun;
(ii) the name, address, race, gender, date of birth, Maryland driver's license number, and occupation of the person in possession of the machine gun; and
(iii) the name of the person from whom the machine gun was acquired and the purpose for acquiring the machine gun.
(4) Each application for registration filed with the Secretary of State Police shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable registration fee of $ 10.
(5) Registration data provided under this section is not open to public inspection.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.